Sunnahs of the Toilet
Sunnahs of Prophet Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihi Wasallam
- Enter the toilet with your head covered.
- To enter the toilet with shoes.
- Recite the dua before entering the toilet.
- Enter with the left foot.
- To sit and urinate. One should never urinate whilst Standing.
- To leave the toilet with the right foot.
- To recite the dua after coming out of the toilet.
- One should not face Qiblah or show his back towards the Qiblah.
- Do not speak in the toilet.
- Be very careful of the splashes of urine (being unmindful in this regard causes one to be punished in the grave).
- After relieving oneself, to cleanse oneself using water.
Sunnahs of the Home:
- To recite the dua before entering the home.
- To greet those that are in the house with “Assalaamu Alaykum“.
- To announce ones arrival by coughing, greeting, etc. Even though it may be your own house