Sunnahs on Awakening
Sunnahs of Prophet Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihi Wasallam
- On awakening rub the face and the eyes with the palms of the hands in order to remove the effects of sleep.
- When the eyes open in the morning say “Alhamdullilah” thrice and then recite KALIMA TAYYIBA.
- Thereafter recite the dua on awakening.
- On awakening cleanse the mouth with a miswaak.
Sunnahs when wearing clothes:
- Rasulullah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) loved white Clothing.
- When putting on any garment Rasulallah (Sallallahu Alayhi wasallam) always began with the right limb.
- When removing any garment Rasullallah (Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) always removed the left limb first.
- Males must wear the pants above the ankles. Females should ensure that their lower garment covers their ankles.
- Males should wear a “topee” or turban. Females must wear “scarves” at all times.
- When wearing shoes, first wear the right shoe then the left.
- When removing them first remove the left and then The right.