Useful tips for a faster broadband connection
A fast, efficient broadband connection is becoming increasingly important every day. Whether you use your computer for business, entertainment or a combination of the two, you need and deserve a high speed internet connection in return for your hard earned dollar. An internet service provider, or ISP, is only a provider. It is for that reason that preparing the computing space, whether it be a home or business, is the sole responsibility of the individual.
The truth is that there is a wide range of problems within your own home that could be wreaking havoc on your broadband connection. Luckily we have devised a list of 10 steps that can have you on your way to the blazing fast internet connection that you pay for in minutes.
- Move Closer to the Router: If you are using a wireless broadband connection, simply try moving closer to the router. In many cases this is one of the best ways to boost your connection speed for free.
- Lose the Line Extensions: One of the most common problems is the line extension. A line extension is a length of phone line used to allow the placement of phone jacks all throughout a building. The problem is that they are often faulty and cause significant losses in broadband connection speed due to interference.
- Connect the Router Directly to the Master Socket: Another easy way to boost your connection is to make sure that your router is connected as closely to the master phone socket as possible. To accomplish this situate your router as near as you reasonably can to the master socket and then use the shortest operable cable to connect the two.
- Check for any Interference: A variety of household electronic devices can cause connectivity problems. To determine whether or not this is a problem in your home perform this simple test: turn all of the electronic devices in your home off and then turn them back on one at a time while watching your connectivity for any disturbances.
- Try Ethernet: It is a good idea to try using Ethernet instead of wireless for a trial time as it tends to be more stable than Wi-Fi, although much less flexible.
- Get Updated: Check for any updates available for your operating system. Try updating your DSL modem to the latest firmware as well. There should be instructions in the owner’s manual but if not you can call your service provider and they will walk you through it.
- Secure Your Network: If you are using a wireless internet connection make sure that your network is secure and password protected. Allowing unauthorized users to “piggy-back” on your internet service can use up precious bandwidth which will in turn slow down your connection speed.
- Try a New Browser: There are several different web browsers available with Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome being particularly popular choices right now. Google Chrome, especially provides a better browsing experience since its loads fast than the average browser..
- Get a New Modem: If your modem is more than a year or two old it may be time for a replacement. Your ISP may provide this for free or for a small fee that they will often drop if you renew your contract.
- Find a New Provider: If all else has failed, give another ISP a shot!
There you have it, 10 tips that are bound to increase the speed of your broadband connection. Good luck and enjoy the speedy internet connection that you paid for.
Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your weblog and wanted
to say that I have truly loved browsing your weblog posts.
After all I’ll be subscribing in your feed and I am hoping
you write again very soon!
Increase Google Chrome – Google chrome has become most favorite browser for many people world wide. To speed up Google chrome, you have to disable amount of startup switches if you launch Google chrome.
There are several providers in uk who provide very cheap service
n different prices. I got one use full information from here ukbroadbands.com